Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Battle Report Short #012: Fitz and the Furys VS JLA












Ran a 300-point build I've been wanting to run since before all the preparation for Nats - one hoverbot Fitz and nine Furys, that is to say, one "real" Fury and eight LMDs.

I rolled for initiative thanks to a +10 granted by the shared SHIELD keyword, then picked a map I always did well on, Deadpool's Hellhouse, parking my army right outside the house. I feel like the JLA team I played against was stronger in brute force terms - Hawkman's special Charge, Baz's GL TA and special Barrier, and Vibe is one of the greatest support figs to come out this year - but my opponent only got his figs that night, and I had more experience running mine.

And also, of course, with the Furys' special Shape Change shellgame and their Rally trait more or less allowed me to be bold with the rolls and placement, out-actioning the JLA six moves to three in at least three turns - when things got going, my basic strategy was one fig would hit walls to grant LoF which two figs would then take advantage of, and I could do that twice in one turn. This allowed me to whittle down Hawkman from his top click to his bottom click in one turn (and if I hadn't missed the last attack twice, Hawkman would've been dead in one turn). With this build, I can just Precision Strike and Shape Change all day!

It's a pretty good build for casual, no resources games, but now I want to try them out against Phoenix Force- and Battery-empowered builds - maybe against a Ragnarok+Ophidian+Juston+Orange Lantern build? We shall see!



No comments:

Post a Comment