Friday, November 6, 2015

Battle Report Short #013: Potential Yellow Lantern Build VS PotentialOrange Lantern Build









As a thought exercise, I tried making new builds around two of the more powerful batteries in the game right now, and came up with these two. Sadly, I don't have the two batteries, so the Indigo and Red Batteries I use had to proxy for them. But I had no serious plans to run any of these, up until this game.

I basically built two non-bruteforce builds, relying more on synergy and obtuse strategy: my Yellow Lantern build consists of Rainbow Raider, King Tut with Harley Quinn, and Greed with Electroblast. The plan was to have RR be a remote downer, have King Tut do his Elaborate Deathtrap against the opponent's main fig (and with Tut's Sphinx totem and Harley providing Perplex and Prob, that would more or less ensure that Tut would be able to do stuff), and have Greed Mind Control the opponent's main fig to get close to Tut for the Deathtrap.

My Orange Lantern build consists of Engineer, Impossible Man, and two SHIELD Recruits. The main plan was assign Engineer with powers that I want to disable (via Orange Lantern) in the opponent's figs, then assign Sniper Rifle to Impossible Man then have him Wildcard SHIELD TA to boost his special nullifier to 12 range and just have Engineer mop up the map (and Impossible Man is a pretty good attacker, too).

Well, apparently, Impossible Man with 12 range and the Orange Battery providing Prob and Engineer continuously disabling the enemy's Prob is a frightening build to behold - rendered Earthbound, Greed was killed in two turns. King Tut couldn't come close enough to activate his Deathtrap, so he just died in the vine. Harley and Rainbow Raider turned more into timewasters than dark horse contenders.

But I only ran the two builds by myself, and I bet things would be different if I ran the two teams against other players. The Orange Lantern build definitely has potential, though! Something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment