Friday, May 6, 2016

Post-WOL games, part three













It's an alpha strike team that's fairly certain of itself, one of my most aggro builds so far since I started playing two years ago. I'm still undecided if switching Faust for Mxyzptlk and the Atom was worth it as I fared better with Faust than Mxy - but that could've been just my rolls - and Mxy's Incappy Pulse Wave sure is a great way to assure locking down the force you're playing against far more reliably than Faust's D20. But I'm still undecided.

Less Sins in the Box, too, only three instead of four, so I'm stuck on dials with powers I don't care too much about as the Box excels on either two Sins or four Sins (both have Probs on the Sniper Dial and the Support Dial), and I really felt the constraints, and I kept making low rolls. I either need more Probbers or more Perplexers, and often Mxy's D6 switcheroo power wasn't enough.

Doc Ock remains to be the main attacker with his two Flurries in one turn, but this game had me rolling critmisses four times - you make enough rolls during the game and the math catches up with you - and having only one reliable Probber just wasn't enough (although that last attack I had to do with him, needing to hit 10 and rolling a crithit made up for everything), so I'm definitely thinking about replacing Mxy with another Klarion, maybe, unless I get another reliable attacker so the burden of attacking won't rest so much on just one fig. Maybe something like ...



No comments:

Post a Comment