Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Post-WOL games, part four

My team is Doc Ock, Klarion, Quicksilver, and Vanisher emboldened by Pandora's Box with two Sins, backed-up by the Atom.

First game was against some new X-Men figs from the new set:








Managed to kill Magneto on my third turn, and kill Cyclops on my fourth turn. White Queen conceded on the fifth turn. The player I played against had an itch in his butt to attack me right away, so he travelled a little too close to my reach, and he also used figs he wasn't very familiar with, so he was at a disadvantage.

Second game was against a mix of old and new X-Men figs:






Managed to kill X-23 on my fourth turn, and kill Malice on my sixth turn. Held out for a bit because of some placement issues as the player I played against was more patient than the previous one so I had to overextend my usual reach past the space of personal comfort.


This build is very mobile, so far plays unexpectedly so some people I play against are a bit surprised by it. High risk alpha strike build that can attack multiple times in one turn then take things back to regroup and prepare for another assault. Quicksilver is amazing and is great bait with his Shadow token, but Doc Ock is the one who really shines.

One weakness is Vanisher - I need to give him a proper damage reducer somehow, although ESD with Super Senses and Stealth already makes him hard to shoot, but still. I also need a strategy against Fury SR builds. So far, my strategy against those is to strike first - this build has a long reach, able to cross more than half the map by the second turn to make an attack. It's a good strategy so far, but it can get very hairy fairly quickly.

Still, all in all, pretty happy with this build, with four wins under its belt. It has Nats potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment