Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Battle report short #008


Cersi and the Black Knight with Jarvis and seven Avengers IDs for 300 points: I admittedly built this team around the Black Knight and his really excellent dial but fate had other plans - my opponent ran AOU starter Hulk and Captain America with the Round Table with three IDs and thanks to some placing prowess, two Perplexes, and Ant-Man's Charge, I managed to whittle down the Hulk to his magic dial with only one Rage token, but Black Knight's attack went tits up with an unProbbable critmiss, leaving him vulnerable to Giant Man's and Hulk's smashing, which he died of fairly swiftly.

The fig who carried the game was Cersi with her +2 Perplex and Prob - after calling Classic Avengers Iron Man for another Perplex and then blasting Hulk away with a 3-damage Penetrating/Psychic Blast, disposing of Captain America was surprisingly easy. New found respect for this character, I must say. Currently thinking of other builds for her, and not necessarily with the Black Knight.


Red Wolf & Lobo, Victor Mancha, the Protector, and Hercules for 500 points flat: I ran this team against a team of aquatic monsters - a lot of Trenches, a couple of Manphibians, an undead Aquaman, et al - and once again, Lobo performed well, killing three Trenches all by himself. Victor Mancha was great, too, but when I reached his middle dial, the one right after Pulse Wave, I was treading water with him, but he did outlast Red Wolf & Lobo so he's not half bad.

The fig that really shone in the fight was the Protector with his Sidestep+Defend and Prob - I paired him with Hercules and they both did pretty well, between themselves killing at least half of the opponent's team. I played Herc full dial, and I finally made him work down to his last click - his Plasticity and decreasers worked pretty effectively, and his Quake injured quite a number of enemies, almost as effective as Pulse Wave. The final fight came to these two versus an errant Manphibian - chased the guy across the map but then finally cornered while pushed-out, with the Protector delivering the coup de grace. One of the more enjoyable games I've played, and one of the few I've won against a team that had twice as many figs as I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment