Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Battle Report: Justice League Dark VS Birds of Prey

photo by Koko C

Build:
* 400 points

photo by Koko C
* My force: TRINITY WAR Deadman, I, Vampire and John Constantine with Pandora's Box with five Sins / Justice League Dark themed team

photo by Koko C
* Opponent: STREETS OF GOTHAM Lady Blackhawk, Black Canary, Lady Shiva, Huntress, and Oracle with Mandarin Rings and Battery / Birds of Prey themed team

Map:
House of Mystery from the TRINITY WAR OP kit

Report:
BoP got initiative roll and crossed nearly twenty squares of the map with four figs thanks to Oracle granting free move action to Lady Blackhawk who carried everyone twice in one turn (one free, one not). Placed near the doorway, blocking my potential path for placement. Rings were assigned for bonuses and such.

I assigned Sloth to Deadman and moved I, Vampire to a corner close to the doorway to avoid a direct line of fire, carrying Constantine. Huntress then rushed with an attack against Deadman, followed by a free Mind Control which hit. Deadman was then moved to a corner of the map to avoid usefulness. Lady Shiva and Black Canary then based I, Vampire and Constantine via Lady Blackhawk's Carry.

photo by me

I took a gamble and assigned Wrath to I, Vampire, losing two potential attack moves for two turns, then Perplex-Outwitted Lady Shiva's BCF both reducing her Attack value and deactivating her Attack power. I cleared Deadman then healed him one click thanks to Sloth's non-action incentive.

Which proved to be useless because Huntress proceeded to run and shoot Deadman in the corner, killing him but then activating his resurrection countdown timer. Lady Shiva and Black Canary took chances at hitting I, Vampire but the Combat Reflexes, Constantine's two Probs, and one team Prob proved useful.

We both then cleared for one turn each. Deadman's countdown timer counted down to one.

Constantine then Perplex-Outwitted Lady Shiva's Super Senses then I, Vampire BCFd Lady Shiva for six hits, killing her instantly. Deadman, newly resurrected, moved to the crowd to position for a potential Charge (Deadman oscillates between long ranged and close combat everytime he resurrects) and to sponge attacks.

Black Canary gambled for a shot against Constantine but failed. Huntress shot Deadman succesfully. Constantine then Outwit-Perplexed Black Canary's Combat Reflexes then I, Vampire BCFd Black Canary for four hits. Deadman was pushed to Charge Lady Blackhawk succesfully, but killing himself in the process, activating his resurrection timer again.

Huntress then shot I, Vampire for a successful hit, then Mind Controlled him to move almost ten squares away. Constantine and I, Vampire were both pushed to clear. Deadman's timer counted down to one.

With Constantine open, Huntress successfully ran and shot for three damage but not without sacrificing Lady Blackhawk for a team Prob, pushing her to death. Oracle was then moved closer to the fight.

photo by me

I then moved I, Vampire to Charge Oracle, working through her Shape Change thanks to the Wrath relic, then BCFd for four damage. Deadman then came back in play and shot Oracle out of her wheelchair, killing her. Constantine Phasing/Teleported to inside the house to form a killbox for Huntress. I rolled for Pandora's Box and got Prob, granting my team four normal Probs and one team Prob for the foreseeable future of the game.

Even though she was in full click, Huntress waved the white flag.

photo by me

Winner:
Justice League Dark, thanks largely to Constantine's two Probs and Perplex-Outwit power that can't be countered. Also thanks to I, Vampire's 6-4-4 BCF rolls. A pretty good combo of a sniper, a brawler, and a supporter.

photo by me


1 comment:

  1. I read up on Constantine and found out that I misunderstood his special Outwit-Perplex!

    ReplyDelete