Sunday, February 21, 2016

Kingdom Come



A couple of friends pulled a Captain Marvel and a Spectre from their WF bricks. Hoping to trade for Spectre soon, and planning on borrowing Marvel for a theoretical build I managed to run - and win with - yesterday. These figs are quite hard to acquire here, with people mostly pulling Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman from their bricks, but there are a few players who have actually acquired the whole set of chases, thanks to having a lot of money to burn.

Which made me wonder - aside from them being Uniques, these figs don't have restrictions about having all of them in your build in their 25-35-point settings, which means soon enough, we'll be encountering builds that have at least three, maybe even four of them in a line providing various support powers - I expect to see Wonder Woman for close-to-sure heals, Spectre for more or less whole-map rerolls, Marvel for refreshing camped-out snipers, and Batman for more or less whole-map Outwit. They're like Lantern Corps Batteries sans Constructs, only you don't have to roll tonextend their ranges, and they're also back-up retaliation figs with their conditional last-dial attack modes.

I personally tried out a sniper and bruiser build centered on Marvel's double-power action Leadershippy power and did quite well against a swarm tactic build, even after a lot of goofs with my figs' powers (I kept forgetting to do Shape Change rolls, I kept forgetting my main bruiser ignored hindering for movement, I kept forgetting a fig granted the Superman Enemy TA for all adjacent friendlies, etc), so imagine a more together player running a team with even just three of these guys just taking up 100 or so points in their 300- to 400-point builds!

No comments:

Post a Comment