Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Post-WOL Games, part one

Game 01: Colossals VS Joker's Wild








I lost this game, but I managed to drive Joker down to his last two clicks. One lesson is you can't just run Colossal Retaliation figs against a fairly sturdy tentpole piece who can call in other fairly sturdy tentpole pieces.


Game 02: Kid Goth Band VS Pogs Galore






Having forgotten how the rolodex resources are played, I lost this game. Granted, it's a very good build built on pumping the Round Table to reach its ultimate call-in dial, and my Animals team was lousy (but I just really wanted to run an almost-all-cats team). Both of our first attacks in this game were critmisses.


Game 03: Sniper Rolodex VS BVS (reprise)








I won this game. I ran two really good snipers, one possessed by Brainiac, empowered in turns by the Round Table designed for sniping. Killed Luthor in one turn, killed Batman in two turns, then Superman Blue conceded. It's a clockwork build but it lacks a Probber, which became a problem the second time I ran this time and I again rolled critmiss on my first attack. Still redesigning this team, but it has great potential.


Game 04: Furys VS Freeman, Fury Jr, and Skye


Forgot to take photos of this game, but I lost it. I ran the Furys naked against a Freddie Freeman empowered by KSI and a Fury Jr riding the SkyCycle while Perplexed from afar by Skye. The game took almost three hours to finish, allowing Freeman to reach the KSI switcheroo click. I really enjoyed this match! The Furys sans resources managed to hold out for three hours against Freddie Freeman, et al.


Game 05: Cosmics VS Streets


I wasn't able to take photos of this game, but I won it. Solaris on ColRet mode with KSI on his lowest pointage empowered by Pandora's Box did a little too well as I won the game in less than ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment