Sunday, September 13, 2015

Battle Report Short #010: SHIELD VS Hydra






















First of all, I lost. It was my first time to play again in over a week, with brand new figs, so it took me a while to get ahold of things, against a horde-multiplier force that already had almost a month's worth of gameplay so it was better-tuned than my force all in all.

My SHIELD force was planned to be a finesse and brute force combo, founded on shellgame tactics thanks to Nick Fury Commons' Shape Change switcheroo and trapdoor spider tactics with Nick Fury: Cosmic Assassin enhanced by HENRY and Fitz-Simmons's hoverbots, but I blew my wad by shooting Strucker without proper follow-up shooters so Strucker was able to enact evasive maneuvers by limpingly running away while Dentite LMDs and Dreadnaughts horded on the Cosmic Assassin, exposing that fig's two big problems - he has really shitty damage reducers and he has a shallow life.

I also had no effective Perplexers, Outwitters, and Probbers, relied too much on Stealth and Shape Change, and I forgot to use the SHIELD TA, which could've changed my tactics for the first four to six turns. And after seeing how Strucker's damage feedback trait works, and how Imperial Hydra does his thing, I'll know how to react to all that the next time I face off against these guys.

That said, this was a very fun game for me - my rolls were middling, but Nick Fury: Cosmic Assassin managed to shoot Strucker with 12 Attack for 6 penetrating damage, the last Nick Fury Common standing managed to roll for Shape Change three times in a row, then Fitz managed to avoid getting killed for two turns, and even managed to kill one more Hydra fig (despite his 8 Attack) before dying, and it has to be said, it was great watching Hydra do its thing. I really love this new set!

No comments:

Post a Comment